Another year, another holiday that warrants last-minute gifts, trips to the big box shops you otherwise wouldn’t dare, and the seemingly never-ending pondering of “is this the right gift?” Curb your worry and skip the massive lines by buying local and gifting like a pro.
Wicker Park offers a plethora of unique shops and goods that truly speak to the Chicago spirit. You’ll end up gifting a super unique gift and supporting local business owners while allowing the recipient a chance to explore (or revisit) a little of Wicker Park.
Here’s a guide to our top choices in the ‘hood to find unique gifts for everyone on your list.
1. Potted plant, a bouquet, or a unique trinket from Asrai Garden
2. Fresh pasta kit from Tortello
3. A gift card for a staycation at Wicker Park Inn
4. A book from independent bookstore Volumes Book Cafe
5. Hipster clothing and accessories from Una Mae’s
6. Chicago themed board game or threads from Transit Tees
7. Antique Taco
8. An array of macarons from Alliance Bakery
9. Vintage from Store B
10. Rare streetwear from Saint Alfred